14.1.10

Liberty Cabaret


Currently I'm involved in a show at the Barrow called the Liberty Cabaret. It's a Dinner Theatre in the Little Theatre and it's fantastic, if I do say so myself. :-) The cast is comprised of ten performers; Janelle Chambers, Bryon Gable, Bill and Peg Hennessy, Marc Ellis Holland, Carissa McClintock, Bret Sloan, Rosie Petulla and Ted Smith and myself. It's being directed by Ted Smith with Musical Direction by Tammi Dahl and accompaniment by Kristen Criado. It's going to be a great night of food and singing, because what more could you possibly want out of an evening? I know that music and food are two of my favorite things. :-) It's $30 per ticket which I know sounds like a lot off hand but when you consider that you'd probably spend at least $15 for dinner at any given restaurant and then $15 for a ticket it evens itself out quite nicely.

So rehearsals are going very well, I have a duet with Bryon and a solo piece as well. We're singing "Dangerous Game" from Jekyll and Hyde and then I'm singing "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret so it should be a really cool time. We're working on the song tonight before rehearsal, just getting the staging down so that we can start performing it instead of singing it with out hands in our pockets.

Opening night is a week from tomorrow! It's scary but it's going to be a lot of fun as well. I have to get a dress for the show, I need a cocktail dress and since I've never shopped for one it should be a lot of fun! I'll post pictures once I have a dress.

Well I guess that's all for this post. More on the Cabaret to come!

No comments: