14.1.10

My first post... ooh... :-)

Hey everyone!

So here's the premise of my little blog. It's my first one so I'm going to try and be a dilligent as possible in updating it frequently, however I was terrible when it came to writing in my diary as a kid so who knows? Alright, the premise of this blog is to chronicle my life in the theatre. I'll post auditions, progress reports, pictures and other random things as I see fit, :-) However, being as my life doesn't ONLY revolve around theatre (although it nearly does) and I don't have a personal blog, you might get little bits on the side of things that are happening in my daily life. So... here's a little about me.


My name is Katie Kirby-Rogers, although I'm in the process of getting a divorce so soon the Rogers will be dropped. I'm 24 years old and I've been performing my whole life. As my mom will tell you I've been singing forever... she even has tapes of me singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic when I was two years old. She loves it because "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah" came out "Gory, Gory, how are you... ya!". Oh the stuff moms save of their kids, lol.

My first musical was Angels Aware at Fox St. Church of God when I was five years old. I played an angel. When I was in fourth grade I auditioned for "Oliver!" at the Barrow Civic Theatre and the rest, as they say, is history. Since 1991 I've been involved in nearly 50 plays and musicals, not to mention singing in various choirs, talent shows, recitals and weddings over the years. Theatre is in my blood at this point and I wouldn't trade it for the world because nothing makes me as happy as being onstage.

So, there you have it, that's me in a nutshell. I'll be posting things as they happen in picture, video and text formats so I can keep everyone updated on my life, especially after I move away.

No comments: